Saturday, June 26, 2010

Seafood


Seafood
Or
How I Have Fun Feeding My Children in the Summertime

One question I detest in the summertime is "What are we having for dinner?" With three children with wildly different palates, I can never provide the right answer that will make everyone happy.

Sometimes I will answer the question with a wild answer that keeps my children guessing. Like the day last week when I informed my children that we were having pearls in oysters. I pulled up a picture of a real pearl in a real oyster. My children were horrified. When I presented my picky palated children with pearls (meatballs) and oysters (pasta shells), they giggled and eagerly ate all their food.

On another day, my children had several friends over. I gently taunted the children about their delicious upcoming lunch of squid.

As you can see, this was also a hit. There is something delectable about dangling "squid" above your mouth before partaking of the food.

(I must admit, I shamelessly stole this idea from a magazine.)
Last summer I delighted my crew by serving "octopus" on a bed of "seaweed". Of course, the octopus was a sliced hot dog, and the seaweed was dyed Ramen Noodles. Talk about gourmet!
Does anyone want to know what is for dinner tonight?

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment